Professional wrestler and occasional mixed martial artist Alberto Del Rio, sometimes known as Alberto El Patron, was charged with alleged kidnapping and sexual assault earlier this year.
The charges against the 43-year-old, whose real name is Jose Rodriguez Chucuan, relate to the alleged May 3 incident in which he is accused of sexually assaulting a woman he was in a relationship with after he had accused her of being unfaithful. The woman in question claims that this happened more than once.
Also on rt.com
Professional wrestling is shamed by grim SEXUAL ABUSE CLAIMS of several alleged victims as a WWE FIRES star for harassment
According to the Texas District Attorney’s arrest report, she denied Del Rio’s allegations of being unfaithful, but the wrestler reciprocated by slapping her in the head and forcing the woman to dance for him.
The complaint also details how Del Rio – who weighs 6 feet 4 inches and weighs 240 pounds – tied her hands, put a sock in her mouth, and sexually assaulted her for several hours using a variety of objects.
She also stated that Del Rio told her to stop crying and he would “fall” [her son] somewhere in the middle of the street “if she didn’t stick to it.
The prosecutor told police that Del Rio destroyed her phone and laptop and tried to burn her passport. She states that the attack began at 10 p.m. on May 3 and lasted until 2:30 p.m. the next day.
Del Rio is believed to be indicted on Friday with a trial date not yet set. If convicted of just the aggravated kidnapping charge, he faces a life sentence of five years, while the sexual assault charges range from two to twenty years.
Del Rio was a member of the WWE squad between 2009 and 2016, where he won the WWE Championship and the 2011 Royal Rumble. He also put together a 9-6 record in mixed martial arts from 2001. He was last seen in the cage when he lost to Tito Ortiz last December.
Also on rt.com
Ex-WWE star Marty Jannetty triggers HOMICIDE investigation after social media claims he made a man disappear decades ago