Federal and local law enforcement agencies told CNN that the suspect has been identified as Noah Green. Green can be seen here in a photo from his Facebook page. By Noah Green / Facebook

Noah Green, the suspect that law enforcement officials claim he rammed his car on Friday against two U.S. Capitol police officers, who posted on social media in the weeks leading up to the attack, said he had lost his job and suffered medical ailments did, and believed the federal government was targeting him with “mind control”.

Less than two hours before he was shot, Green posted a number of Instagram stories on an account that appears to be his, including links to other Instagram videos featuring the Nation of Islam Leader Minister Louis Farrakhan speaking.

“The US government is blacks # 1 enemy!” Read a caption on a video. In another post on Instagram last week, Green wrote that he believed Farrakhan saved him “after the terrible suffering I believed to have suffered the CIA and the FBI, United States government agencies.”

Commenting on this post, Green replied, “I have suffered multiple home burglaries, food poisoning, assault, unauthorized hospital surgery, and mind control.”

Green, 25, graduated from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia in 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in finance. A law enforcement agency said he had a Virginia driver’s license.

An online university athletics biography states that he was born in Fairlea, West Virginia and that “the person in story he would most like to meet is Malcolm X”. In a March 17 post on a Facebook account that appears to be his, Green wrote that he believed Farrakhan was “Jesus the Messiah” and that Farrakhan was “instrumental in my awakening and my life’s work.” Green signed the entry “Brother Noah X.”

“To be honest, the past few years have been tough and the past few months tough,” Green wrote in the Post. “I’ve been tried some of the greatest, most unimaginable tests of my life.”

He said he was unemployed “after leaving my job partly due to distress, but ultimately looking for a spiritual journey.”

“My faith is one of the few things that have carried me through these times, and my faith is centered on the faith of the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan as Jesus, the Messiah, the last divine memory in our midst,” the post reads Continuation. “I see him as my spiritual father. Without his guidance, word, and teachings that I picked up along the way, I would not have been able to continue. “

That same day, Green uploaded a picture of a certificate that appeared to recognize a gift he’d given the Nation of Islam for $ 1,085. He also posted links to videos of several of Farrakhan’s speeches. One of the videos of a 1996 Farrakhan speech was titled “The Divine Destruction of America.”

In his Facebook post, Green wrote that he “unknowingly” took a drug and was suffering from side effects.

“The Minister is here to save me and the rest of humanity, even if it means facing death,” he wrote, seeming to be referring to Farrakhan. “Be ready to deny yourself and follow him, take your cross.”

The Instagram and Facebook accounts were both taken offline on Friday afternoon.

“After this terrible event, our thoughts are with the Capitol Police and their families,” a spokesman for the Facebook company told CNN. “We have identified the incident in accordance with our Policy on Dangerous People and Organizations. This means we have removed the suspect’s accounts from Facebook and Instagram and removed any content that praises, endorses, or depicts the attack or suspect. We are in Contact with law enforcement while they are conducting their investigation. ”

Two law enforcement sources aware of the ongoing investigation confirm to CNN that the suspect’s Facebook page is that of the suspect. An Instagram account was also discovered by CNN with the same photos and information as the Facebook account.

CNN attempted to reach out to Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam to comment on this story but received no response. Calls to the Nation of Islam were directed to the organization’s newspaper and a person who picked up the phone in the newspaper said there was no one to comment on the story.