US President “feels better” after being admitted to Bethesda, but his chief of staff says his symptoms are “very worrisome”.

  • U.S. President Donald Trump says in a recorded message that he felt sick when he arrived at Walter Reed Medical Center but is now feeling better.
  • The U.S. president was rushed to the Bethesda, Maryland Military Hospital for treatment after testing positive for COVID-19.
  • Earlier, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said the president’s symptoms were “very worrying”.
  • The Trump diagnosis forced him to withdraw from the campaign, at least temporarily, and asked questions about the potential impact on the November 3 election.

Here are the latest updates:

Sunday 4th October

10:10 ET – President Donald Trump’s chief physician said in a health update that the medical team treating the president are “cautiously optimistic” but also notes that the president is “not out of the woods”.

The final assessment came from Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley. He reported that during the day Trump got up in his medical suite and did business.

Medical experts say the disease caused by the COVID-19 virus can become more dangerous as the body reacts to the infection over time.

8:45 am ET – Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign, Democratic presidential candidate, has vowed to publicize all future COVID-19 tests on the candidate.

Biden spokesman Andrew Bates repeated on Saturday evening that the former Vice President would be tested “regularly”.

However, prior to President Donald Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis earlier this week, Biden had not disclosed full details of his test protocol or the results of each test.

Biden told reporters in Wilmington on Saturday that he was not being tested earlier in the day but would be tested on Sunday morning. His campaign said he tested negative for COVID twice on Friday.

Bates said in the statement that Biden had no “close contact” with Trump, his family members or his aides during their debate on Tuesday night. Several people in Trump’s campaign have tested positive in the past few days.

– Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 3, 2020

7:20 am ET – U.S. President Donald Trump, who is being treated for COVID-19 at a military hospital outside Washington, said in a video on Saturday that he felt sick when he arrived at the facility but is now feeling better.

“I’m starting to feel good,” he said in the video, adding, “In the next few days – I think that’s the real test. We’ll see what happens in the next few days.”

The address came hours after administrative officials’ varying assessments of his health left it unclear how ill the president had become since testing positive for coronavirus Thursday night.

A White House medical team said Saturday morning that Trump’s condition was improving and he was already talking about returning to the White House.

Within minutes, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows assessed reporters less rosily, telling reporters, “The President’s vital signs for the past 24 hours have been very worrying and the next 48 hours will be critical to his upkeep. We are still not on a clear path to a full recovery. “

To read the previous updates from Saturday, Click here.